Orange Marmalade Teabread Recipe, today we will see how to prepare an easy tea loaf using wheat flour, egg, butter, tutti frutti and marmalade. Marmalade tea bread is very easy to prepare and doesn’t need any glazing. But if you wish, you can do the glazing part with orange marmalade.
I have referred 500 Cakes and Bakes cookbook. The tea bread is loaded with the aroma of orange marmalade and cinnamon. Wheat flour can be replaced by all purpose flour or multi grain bread. You can even adjust the quantity of wheat flour with any millet flour. Adding tutti frutti is totally optional but it makes the loaf more colorful. Brown sugar can be replaced by honey or jaggery or refined sugar.
While preparing wet batter, adding milk may give curdled look to the final batter but do not worry. Just fold in the flour mixture. Always dust tutti frutti with little flour. Apart from the mentioned ingredients, you can also add prunes or other dry fruits for extra flavor. The marmalade tea bread can stay well at room temperature for 2 days. Later, you can store in a refrigerator and at the time of serving, reheat in an oven.
Some of the other easy bread recipes shared in my blog, Ragi Honey Bread, Ragi Banana Bread, Coconut Bread, Pumpkin Oats Bread and Wheat Banana & Dates Syrup Bread. If you try any of my recipes, then do share your feedback with us.
Orange Marmalade Teabread Recipe
- ¾ cup wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder
- 2 tbsp orange marmalade
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup butter, at room temperature
- ¼ cup + 1 tbsp milk
- ½ tsp brandy essence - optional
- 2 tbsp tutti frutti
- Please check the instructions below.
How to prepare Marmalade Tea Loaf
- Sieve wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon powder. Transfer to a bowl. Add tutti frutti and mix well. Whip butter using a hand whisk or electric beater till smooth. Add egg and beat again.
- Now, add brown sugar, brandy essence and marmalade. Whip again till smooth and creamy. Now, add milk and whip everything together. The mixture may look curdled, but do not worry. Now, add flour mixture to the wet mixture and fold in everything together.
- Preheat oven at 180 degree C for 10 minutes. Grease a cake or loaf pan and pour the batter. Bake for 20-25 minutes or till a toothpick inserted at the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let it come at room temperature. Serve with tea or coffee.