Murungai Poo Poriyal, a very healthy and easy to prepare south indian style drumstick flowers and egg stir fry recipe with step by step photographs. Murungai Poo / Drumstick flowers comes under edible flower category and we can use it to prepare recipes just like neem flowers.
Drumstick flower has numerous health benefits. Now only flower but drumstick plant parts like leaves and drumstick are very healthy. Using drumstick flowers on regular basis may help to those suffering from infertility issues. You can prepare stir fry with eggs or kootu or curry or even fritters. Another best way to consume it is to cook with milk and serve. Store the flowers wrapped in a paper and keep in refrigerator. Use it before 3-4 days. The recipe can also be tried without using eggs. For extra health benefits, you can add vegetables like, carrot, beans or peas.
Some of the other drumstick based recipes shared in my blog, Drumstick Leaves Sambar, Avocado Drumstick Soup, Murungai Keerai Poriyal, Spicy Drumstick Poriyal, Raw Mango Poriyal, Drumstick Masala and Drumstick Sambar without onion. If you try any of my recipes, then do share your feedback with us.
Murungai Poo Poriyal Recipe
- 75 gms drumstick flowers
- 1 medium sized onion - chopped
- 2 green chilies - chopped
- 1 medium sized tomato - chopped
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- ¼ tsp cumin powder / jeera
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp oil
- Please check the instructions below.
How to make Drumstick Flowers Poriyal
- Wash flowers and keep aside. Heat oil in a pan or kadhai. Temper mustard seeds and 1 stick curry leaves. Add chopped onions and green chilies. Cook for a while. Now, add chopped tomatoes and mash the pulp.
- Add drumstick flowers, turmeric powder and jeera powder. Stir well everything and let it cook for 5 minutes. Add broken eggs and salt to taste. Scramble everything together and let it cook for another 8-10 minutes. Serve hot with rice or roti.