Burnt Garlic Mushroom Pasta, a creamy pasta recipe made healthy by adding cauliflower to prepare the white sauce. The recipe is very simple and doesn’t require any fancy ingredients. This is no flour sauce recipe.
To prepare burnt garlic mushroom pasta, you can also roast garlic in an oven instead of frying in pan. Creamy cauliflower sauce blends well with the flavor of burnt garlic. Always reserve the water in which pasta is cooked. The same water can be used instead of stock to make the pasta sauce thick and creamy.
Some of the pasta recipes shared in my blog, jackfruit pasta kheer, cold pasta salad, kola urundai pasta masala, crab meat and butter beans pasta, achari prawns pasta, pasta biryani and gongura chutney pasta. If you try any of my recipes, then do share your feedback with us.
Burnt Garlic Mushroom Pasta using Cauliflower Sauce
- 1 and ½ cup Fusilli Pasta (whole wheat pasta)
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4-5 cup water
- 1 medium sized onion – finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves – flakes removed and chopped
- ¾ cup chopped mushroom
- 70 gm cauliflower florets – cooked in water for 5 mins
- 1 cup milk
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper – according to your need
- 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp dry oregano
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Cook pasta with 4-5 cup water, 1 tsp oil and little salt on low-medium flame as per the instructions given in pasta packet. Remove from the heat and drain the water completely. Reserve the water for later use. Rinse pasta under running tap water and keep aside.
- Blend cauliflower florets, salt, little pepper, milk and 1 tsp oil in a mixer to smooth consistency. Keep it aside.
- Heat butter and olive oil in a pan. Add chopped garlic and cook on low-medium flame till they start changing their color to brown.
- Now, add chopped onions and sauté a while. Add chopped mushroom and cook covered for 5 mins. Now, add ½ cup reserved pasta water and cook for another 5 mins.
- Add cauliflower sauce (cooked and blended), pepper and salt. Stir well everything. Let it cook for another 5-8 mins. Add cooked pasta and 1 cup reserved pasta water. Sprinkle oregano and Parmesan cheese. Let it cook for another 5 mins. If the pasta sauce is too thick, add more water and if it is thin, then cook for some more time. Serve hot.