Chocolate Wheat Flour Cake, today we will see how to prepare chocolate bundt cake using cake oven. I have already shared carrot cake recipe made using stove top cake oven. Cake oven comes handy when there is no electricity. Chocolate wheat flour cake is a very simple and easy to prepare cake. You can also do some icing for extra flavors. Enjoy this with a cup of tea / coffee.
I borrowed this cookware from mom after my marriage. She purchased it in Gujarat some 20 years back, so I’m not sure if it is still available in the market, but few years back I saw the similar kind of cake oven in t nagar. I made this cake few days before Vardah cyclone, when there was some electricity issue going on at my place. To prepare chocolate wheat flour cake, we need all simple ingredients. Wheat flour can be replaced by all purpose flour or even millet flour for healthy version. You can also try this cake in OTG or steam it.
Some of the other cake recipes shared in my blog, Coconut Ghee Cake, Kambu Cake, Basbousa, Steamed Chocolate Banana Cake and Butter-less Dates Cake. f you try any f my recipes, then do share your feedback with us.
Chocolate Wheat Flour Cake using Cake Oven
- 1 and ½ cup (120 +60 gm) whole wheat flour
- 1 cup sugar / brown sugar
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 5 tbsp (50 gm) butter
- 1 cup (180 ml) olive oil
- ½ cup tutti frutti
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- Please check the instructions below.
Chocolate Bundt Cake with step by step pics
- Take the cake oven bottom plate. Fill it with sand and keep it over the flame. Let it be on low flame itself. Meanwhile, heat oil and butter in a pan. Once butter completely melts, remove from the heat and keep aside.
- Sieve wheat flour, baking powder and cocoa powder. Transfer to a bowl, add tutti frutti to the flour mixture and mix well. Keep aside. Take another mixing bowl and add eggs. Blend it using electric beater or hand whisk.
- Blend it smooth. Now, add essence and sugar. Beat it again till smooth. Add flour mixture to wet mixture. Now beat it and at the same time, add butter plus oil mixture little by little. Blend well everything and keep aside.
- Take the cake oven and apply oil over its inside surface. Apply oil so that the cake dont get burnt at the bottom. Now pour the cake mixture in the cake oven. And close the lid. Keep it over the oven plate which is filled with sand. Let the cake cook on low flame.
- Wait for 15 mins and check if the cake is done by inserting a thin stick. Sometimes cake gets cooked in 15 mins. If not then check it after another 15 mins. Once the stick comes out clear, cake is done. Remove cake oven alone from the heat and keep it aside. After 5 mins, try to take the cake out without breaking its shape. Cut into slices and serve.