Masala Papad Recipe, today I’m sharing a very easy snacks recipe which you can find in the menu of any north indian restaurant. Masala Papad is an easy recipe which can be tried by even kids. You can either deep fry papad or roast on stove top for low calorie version.
It makes a great party appetizer or evening snacks which you can prepare in less than 10 minutes. All you need is urad dal papad, chopped onions, tomatoes, green chilies or red chili powder and chat masala or amchur powder (dry mango powder). Sprinkle lemon juice and chatpata masala papad is ready. I love to serve masala papad with mint chutney. To add more nutritional value, try adding grated carrot, beetroot or raw mango. You can also add cooked sprouts to make it wholesome.
Some of the other snacks recipes shared in my blog, Instant Khaman Dhokla, Soya Chunks Kola Urundai, Pori Upma, Roasted Makhana and Aloo Paneer Chat. If you try any of my recipes, then do share your feedback with us.
How to make Easy Masala Papad
- 1 urad dal papad
- ¼ cup finely chopped onions
- ¼ cup finely chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp chopped mint leaves - optional
- lemon juice - to sprinkle
- chat masala
- dry mango powder / amchur powder - optional
- chopped green chilies (or) red chili powder - according to your need
- Take urad dal papad and either deep fry them in a kadai or roast them directly over flame. I have deep fried papad. Remove from the heat and keep aside.
- Now assemble all the other ingredients. First, add chopped onions, tomatoes and chopped coriander. Spread them nicely.
- Now, sprinkle chat masala, chili powder, amchur powder and lemon juice if using. Serve it immediately.