Cabbage Tofu Paratha Recipe, learn how to make cabbage tofu paratha with step by step photos. The unique combination of cabbage and tofu works very well here. It looks similar to tofu burji. Serve cabbage tofu paratha with pickle /achaar and raita for simple dinner.
Cabbage tofu paratha is a whole some meal and also vegan. Tofu can be replaced by paneer / cottage cheese. Use the cabbage tofu masala to directly knead with wheat flour or use for stuffing paratha. I have shared more than 35 varieties of paratha recipes in my blog which you can refer. Tofu paratha can be also packed for lunch box or serve for dinner. Use multi grain flour for more nutritional benefits.
Some of the other paratha varieties shared in my blog, Onion Paratha, Aloo Paratha, Mutton Keema Paratha, Masala Palak Paratha and Sweet Potato Paratha. If you try any of my recipes, then do share your feedback with us.
Cabbage Tofu Paratha
- ½ cup grated cabbage
- 70 gm scrambled tofu
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp cumin / jeera powder
- asofoetida / hing - a pinch
- 1 or 2 green chilies - finely chopped
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 and ½ cup wheat flour
- salt to taste
- Please check the instructions below.
How to cook Cabbage Tofu Paratha
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan or kadhai. Temper mustard seeds. Add grated cabbage, scrambled tofu, chopped chilies, turmeric powder, cumin powder, hing and salt to taste. Mix well everything and cook till all the moisture dries and you get thick masala.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool. Sieve wheat flour and salt to taste. Add cooked masala and knead to smooth dough adding enough water. Now, add 1 or 2 tsp oil and knead again. Keep it closed for 20 minutes.
- Take the dough and divide into equal sized lemon shape balls. Take a ball and roll it using roller pin to form a thick disc like Paratha. Dust it with flour to avoid sticking. Heat a tava or frying pan. Cook Paratha applying little oil / ghee over both the sides till golden spots appear. Remove from the heat and proceed with the remaining dough. Serve Paratha with pickle and raita.