Dahi Aloo Tikki Chaat, learn how to prepare dahi aloo tikki chaat at home with step by step photos. Aloo tikki chaat is very easy to prepare if all the other assembling ingredients are prepared in advance.
You need aloo tikki / potato cutlet, whisked curd / yogurt, mint chutney, imli chutney (tamarind dates chutney), bhujia and chopped onions. You can also sprinkle some chaat masala or amchoor powder for the final touch. To prepare aloo tikki, combine boiled and mashed potatoes, turmeric powder, chili powder, garam masala, coriander powder, rice flour, besan flour and salt. Make patties and shallow fry them.
You can also make vegetable tikki to get more nutrition. Dahi aloo tikki chat is very easy to prepare and can be served for snacks or prepare for party. You can also skip yogurt. I have used store bought bhujia here. You can prepare green chutney and sweet chutney in advance for which I have shared the recipes. Store them in a refrigerator and both the chutney can also be used for other chaat items / indian street food. I shall share more chaat recipes in the future. Instead of dahi, you can also try adding channa masala.
Some of the other cutlet recipes shared in my blog, Baked Paneer Millet Cutlet, Hare Chane ke Kebab, Zucchini Paneer & Sweet Potato Cutlet, Beetroot Chickpeas Cutlet and Potato Peanuts & Cabbage Tikki. If you try any of my recipes, then do share your feedback with us.
Dahi Aloo Tikki Chaat
- 2 big potatoes - boiled and mashed
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- ¼ tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp besan / kadalai maavu / gram flour
- ½ tbsp rice flour
- sweet chutney / tamarind dates chutney
- green chutney
- home made / store bought bhujia (fine sev)
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup whisked curd / yogurt
- Please check the instructions below.
How to prepare Dahi Aloo Tikki Chaat Recipe at home
- Take a mixing bowl and add mashed potatoes, turmeric powder, chili powder, garam masala, coriander powder, salt, besan and rice flour. Mix well everything and keep aside for 10 minutes. Heat a tava or frying pan. Add 2 or 3 tbsp oil. Take cutlet dough and make round patties. Shallow fry them till it turns crispy and golden brown. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- To make dahi aloo tikki chaat, assemble all the ingredients. Take a plate and place 4 or 5 aloo tikki. Pour one or 2 tbsp of whisked curd all over the cutlets. Now, similarly, pour mint chutney and sweet chutney in the same order.
- Sprinkle bhujia all over the cutlets and add chopped onions. If using amchoor powder or chaat masala, sprinkle at the last. Dahi aloo tikki chaat is ready to be served.