Raw Onion Tomato Chutney, today we will see how to prepare an easy chutney recipe prepared using onion and tomato. There are many versions of onion tomato chutney. But recently, we have been obsessed with this delicious onion tomato chutney which goes very well with roti, idli or dosa.
All you have to do is grind all the ingredients first and then cook it till you get thick chutney. I always serve this chutney with ragi rotte which is a best combination. Grind onion, tomato, coconut, garlic, chilies, tamarind together to coarse paste and cook the mixture. You can either grind it coarse or to smooth consistency.
Some of the other chutney recipes shared in my blog, Coconut Ginger Chutney, Onion Tomato Chutney, Groundnut Chutney, Green tomato Chutney and Lahsun ki Chutney. If you try any of my recipes, then do share your feedback with us.
Raw Onion Tomato Chutney
- 1 medium sized onion - chopped
- 1 tomato - chopped
- 3 garlic flakes
- ¼ cup chopped coconut
- 2 dry red chilies
- 1 small size tamarind ball
- 1 stick curry leaves
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp urad dal / ultham paruppu / split bengal gram
- Please check the instructions below.
How to prepare Onion Tomato Chutney
- Grind chopped onion, tomato, garlic, coconut, chilies, tamarind, curry leaves together in a mixer to coarse paste without adding water. Keep it aside. Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan or kadhai. Temper mustard seeds and urad dal.
- Add coarse paste and salt to taste. Cook till all the moisture dries and you get chick chutney. Serve with roti, idli or dosa.