Instant Mango Pickle, learn how to prepare quick and easy raw mango pickle (maanga oorugai) recipe with step by step photos. Aam ka achaar / Mango Pickle can be prepared in many different ways just like any other pickle varieties. Serve this delicious mango pickle with ragi koozh, curd rice or any south indian main coarse.
The cooking time is only 5 minutes. Only the chopping part takes time. Cut raw mango into small size pieces and cook with mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds powder, chili powder, turmeric powder, curry leaves and salt. Use either gingelly oil or groundnut oil. Mango pickle stays well for a week if refrigerated in a clean airtight container. but if you are planning to store for a week then use little bit more oil while cooking. I always use kili mooku maanga / bangalore maanga to prepare this pickle. This mango pickle is served in most of the marriage functions.
Some of the other pickle varieties shared in my blog, Instant Grated Amla Pickle, Bitter Gourd Pickle, Fresh Turmeric Ginger Pickle, Punjabi Mango Pickle and Spicy Tomato Pickle. If you try any of my recipes, then do share your feedback with us.
South Indian style Raw Mango Pickle
- 1 cup finely chopped raw mango
- 3 tbsp gingelly oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- ¼ tsp fenugreek seeds powder / vendayam thool
- turmeric powder - a pinch
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- salt to taste
- asofeotida / hing - a pinch
- 1 stick curry leaves
- Please check the instructions below.
Instant Mango Pickle Recipe
- Heat 3 tbsp oil in a pan or kadhai. Temper mustard seeds, curry leaves and fenugreek seeds powder. Add chopped raw mango, turmeric powder, red chili powder, asofeotida and salt to taste. Stir well everything and cook on medium flame for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool completely. Store in an airtight container and keep in refrigerator. Serve with ragi koozh or curd rice or any other south indian main coarse rice dish.