Restaurant style Chicken 65, today we will see how to prepare restaurant style chicken 65 recipe at home with step by step photos.
I have already shared another version of chicken 65 which is my always made by my mom. There is only a slight difference between the two recipes. I rarely try chicken 65 at restaurants and hardly ever tried at Buhari hotel which is believed to be the origin of Chicken 65 recipe.
We have a small road side shop near by home where they make this delicious, crispy and juicy chicken fry and pack it in banana leaf for take away option. The aroma of chicken 65 sure makes your mouth watery when packed in a banana leaf. It is totally a different level. Since, then I also try to follow the same method at home.
Whenever, I make chicken 65, I pack it in a banana leaf along with fried curry leaves, sliced onions and lemon juice. We then serve it after some 15-20 minutes. Do try this method next time. The more you leave it packed inside a banana leaf, the crispness will go because of the moisture. To get bright red color, you must use edible orange color to marinate chicken.
For the juiciness, you must leave the chicken marinated for more than 1 hour or you can also leave it overnight and cook it next day. The more it soaks with the masala, the more juicy chicken 65 you will get. After frying, the outer texture will be crispy but inside it will be juicy.
Some of the other chicken starter recipes shared in my blog, Chicken Pakoda, Chicken Tava Fry, Chicken Kola Urundai, Chicken Tikka and Murgh Malai Kabab. If you try any of my recipes, then do share your feedback with us.
Restaurant style Chicken 65 Recipe
- 250 gm Chicken - with or without bones
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- 1 tbsp rice flour
- ½ tsp garam masala (or) chicken masala powder
- 1 egg (use whole egg or egg white)
- 3 tbsp fried curry leaves
- ¼ cup thin sliced onion
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- Please check the instructions below.
How to make Juicy Chicken 65 at home
- Clean and wash chicken pieces. Take a mixing bowl and marinate chicken with the above mentioned ingredients “To marinate”. Mix everything well with your hands. Let it marinate for minimum 1 hour or leave it overnight to prepare next day.
- Heat a kadai or pan for deep frying. Once oil is hot, switch to low medium flame. Fry marinated chicken pieces till it turns crispy from outside. Remove from the heat and keep aside. Garnish chicken 65 with fried curry leaves, chopped coriander leaves, sliced onions and sprinkle lemon juice. Serve hot.