Aloo Palak Sabzi, I’m sharing an easy sabzi / poriyal variety made with the combination of potato and spinach leaves without using onion and garlic. Dry Aloo Palak Sabzi can be served as a side dish for roti, chapati or sambar rice / rasam rice.
Recently, I have been including lots of green leaf vegetables in our diet. I make sure to eat at least 3-4 different varieties of keerai / green leafy vegetables per week. Spinach / Palak keerai has been always my favorite. I feel it to be more easy to cook when compared to other keerai varieties. Just chop them and stir fry. It takes less than 10 minutes for a simple stir fry recipe. Paneer or Potato makes a great combination with palak keerai. Aloo Palak sabzi is a typical north indian style preparation which requires only turmeric powder, chili powder and cumin / jeera.
I have added lots of cumin / jeera to this sabzi. If you would like to make it watery, then puree spinach and follow the other steps. Some of the other spinach recipes shared in my blog, Palak Bhajia, Palak Moong Dal, Masala Palak Paratha, Palak Chole Masala and Mushroom Palak Biryani. If you try any of my recipes, then do share your feedback with us.
Aloo Palak Sabzi
- 1 medium sized potato - boiled and diced into cubes
- 1 bunch palak keerai - washed and finely chopped
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- asofoetida / hing - a pinch
- ½ tsp cumin seeds / jeera seeds
- ½ tsp cumin powder / jeera powder
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- Boil potato and dice into cubes. Heat 1 tsp oil and temper mustard seeds and cumin seeds. Add diced potato cubes, turmeric powder, chili powder, cumin powder and hing.
- Stir well everything and cook for a minute on low flame. Now, add chopped palak and salt to taste. Cook it covered for 8-10 minutes. Serve hot with roti or rice.