Karuvepilai Recipes, I have compiled a list of 13 curry leaf based tamilnadu style recipes shared in my blog. Curry leaves are mainly used for tempering in Indian cuisine. The same wonder leaf can be used to prepare tasty and delicious recipes. I mostly experiment curry leaves with non veg varieties as their taste blends very well with karuvepilai / curry leaf. I have used curry leaves to prepare biryani, masala powders, tikka, curry, gravy and varuval. If you try any of my karuvepilai recipes, then do share your feedback with us.
Some useful facts about Curry Leaves : (Source : Google)
- Dried curry leaves are known to be very useful in the treatment of indigestion and heartburn.
- contains antioxidant properties and have the ability to control diarrhea, gastrointestinal problems such as indigestion, peptic ulcers, dysentery, diabetes and an unhealthy cholesterol balance. They are also believed to have cancer fighting properties.
- Curry leaves are also known to reduce bad LDL cholesterol level.
- Curry leaves are believed to help in strengthening hair roots. Dry curry leaf powder mixed in oil can be applied to your hair with a quick massage. Doing these on a regular basis can improve hair growth as well.
Collection of Karuvepilai Recipes / Curry Leaf Recipes
Masala Powder Recipes
- Homemade Curry Masala Powder, an aromatic kongu special curry masala powder recipe for veg and non-veg curries which leaves a unique flavor to the dish, prepared using coriander seeds, lots of curry leaves, cumin seeds, fennel seeds, peanuts, dry chilies and fenugreek seeds.
- Chicken Masala Powder / Curry Powder, an important ingredient used in most of the non veg preparations all over India to enhance the flavor of the dish. You can also use this powder to prepare veg curries as it doesn’t contain any non veg ingredient.
- Karuvepilai Paneer Tikka, a south-Indian style paneer tikka flavored with curry leaves. spicy, flavorful and delicious. serve this with any spicy sauce. you can use this tikka as fillings for roti wraps or simply serve this as snack.
- Karuvepillai Baby Corn Masala, a south-Indian style twist to regular baby corn masala, cooked to perfection with curry leaves and coriander seeds masala.
- Karuvepillai Rajma Masala, a regular rajma masala with more south indian spices and additional aroma of curry leaves.
- Karuvepilai Kuzhambu, south indian style curry prepared using fresh ground masala made from curry leaves, coconut, green and dry chilies. a tamarind based curry best to serve with rice.
Non Veg Recipes
- Mutton Curry Leaves Biryani, a south indian style special kongu style biryani recipe, doesn’t contain garam masala or biryani masala. Biryani is loaded with the flavors of curry leaves and my special kongu style coriander powder.
- Karuvepilai Kozhi Varuval, how to prepare marinated chicken fry flavored with curry leaves and shallots. This is a typical tamilnadu style preparation shared with step by step photos.
- Eral Varuval, a very aromatic Prawn Masala flavored with Curry Leaves. a simple preparation where prawns are marinated with fresh ground masala and cooked to perfection.
- Karuvepilai Kozhi Kari, curry leaf flavored South Indian style chicken Curry made from fresh ground masala using peppercorns, fennel seeds, coriander seeds, dry chilies and onion.
- Karuvepilai Eral Thokku, how to prepare tamilnadu style eral thokku / prawn masala recipe with step by step photographs. eral thokku is nothing but prawn masala flavored with curry leaves and spices.
- Marinated Fish Gravy, marinated and fried fish fillets are cooked in a south indian style curry prepared using cashew nuts, curry leaves, pepper corns and garam masala.
- Karuvepilai Aatu Kari Thokku, another south indian special lamb and curry leaves gravy prepared using fresh ground masala.