Mushroom Peas Pulao, today we will see easy and delicious matar mushroom pulao recipe prepared using pressure cooker with step by step photos. This is a very simple and flavorful mushroom peas pulao which can be served with raita or any veg or non veg gravy. Check the link to know about the varieties of curries which can be served with pulao.
I have tried only two types of mushroom, oyster mushroom and button mushroom. The recipe works well with oyster mushroom and gives unique flavor to the dish. Oyster Mushroom are rich in protein, iron and packed with lots of nutrients. For more rich flavor, you can add coconut milk to mushroom peas pulao. The recipe can tired in a pressure cooker or pot / handi. It has a mild flavor of masala and very easy to prepare.
Some of the other pulao varieties shared in my blog, Kathal Dum Pulao, Chicken Tikka Pulao, Karela Pilaf, Achari Mushroom Pulao and Methi Pulao. If you try any of my recipes, then do share your feedback with us.
Mushroom Peas Pulao Recipe
- 1 and ½ cup raw rice (or) basmati rice - soaked in water for 20 minutes
- 200 gm oyster mushroom - chopped
- ½ cup fresh green peas
- 1 medium sized onion - finely chopped
- 2 green chilies - chopped
- ½ cup mint leaves
- ½ cup chopped coriander leaves
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- salt to taste
- 4 cloves
- ½ cinnamon stick
- ½ mace
- 1 maratha moggu
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ star anise
- 1 green cardamom
- 2 cup water
- Please check the instructions below.
How to cook Matar Mushroom Pulao
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pressure cooker. Temper cloves, cinnamon, bay leaf, start anise, cardamom, mace and maratha moggu. Add chopped onions and green chilies. Saute a while. Now, add ginger garlic paste, mint and coriander leaves.
- Stir well everything. Add chopped mushroom, green peas and turmeric powder. Mix well everything and cook for few minutes. Since mushroom leaves moisture, we are adding 2 cup water. Add salt to taste and rice. Mix well everything and close the lid. Pressure cook for 2 whistles. Remove from the heat and allow to cool. Serve with raita and veg or non veg gravy.