Pallipalayam Mutton Fry, learn how to prepare pallipalayam mutton fry with step by step photographs. Pallipalayam style mutton varuval recipe is very famous around erode region.
The first time I tasted this recipe in a kadda virundhu / non veg feast which happened at my in laws place. The chef prepared this delicious and simple mutton varuval with only few ingredients and it was just awesome. Since then, I have been trying pallipalayam mutton fry at home. Even if there is only 100 gm mutton, I make sure to prepare this. Pallipalayam style mutton fry has become one of our favorite dish.
Mutton can be replaced by prawn or chicken. I have also tried the dish with fish, which I shall share later. The main 3 ingredients of this dish are shallots, dry red chilies and lots of coconut bits. The flavor of these 3 leave a unique flavor to the dish. I have given the measurement for 250 gm mutton in the recipe, but actually tried the recipe with 150 gm. So do not get confused with the less quantity of mutton fry in the image 🙂 Just follow the measurements and try this recipe.
Some of the other mutton recipes shared in my blog, Muttai Boti Poriyal, Kari Muttai, Aatu Moolai Masala, Mutton Thoran and Channa Mutton Masala. If you try any of my recipes, then do share your feedback with us.
How to prepare Easy Mutton Varuval
- 250 gm mutton
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 stick curry leaves
- 2 dry red chilies or more if needed
- 2 tbsp coconut bits
- ½ cup chopped shallots / chinna vengayam
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder - optional
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves - chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- Please check the instructions below.
Pallipalayam Mutton Fry
- Clean and wash mutton pieces. Pressure cook mutton with 1/2 cup water for 10 whistles. Remove from the heat and allow to cool. Keep it aside. Heat oil in a pan or kadhai. Temper mustard seeds, curry leaves and broken red chilies.
- Add chopped coconut bits and cook till it turns olden brown. Now, add shallots and cook for a while. Add cooked mutton along with the water. Give a stir. Now, add ginger garlic paste and stir well. Add turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt to taste.
- Mix well everything and cook it covered on low medium flame for 5-8 minutes. Add 2-3 tbsp water and cook again till mutton is well cooked and raw smell goes. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot.