Paneer Tava Fry, how to prepare an easy starter recipe using paneer / cottage cheese with step by step photos. Serve this delicious and spicy paneer tava fry with mint chutney and a cup of tea.
The recipe is similar to fish fry recipes. Paneer can be replaced by tofu for vegan version. This is a very easy and simple recipe, all you have to do is marinate paneer slices with turmeric powder, sambar powder and coriander powder. Shallow fry them with less oil or simply bake or grill them for healthy version. Fried paneer can be served as starter / appetizer or roll them inside roti along with few veggies and mint chutney for a delicious evening snack. You can either slice paneer into long pieces or cut into small cubes.
Some of the other paneer recipes shared in my blog, Karuveppilai Paneer Tikka, Spicy Paneer 65, Amritsari Paneer Fry, Paneer Cigar Rolls and Aloo Paneer Chat. If you try any of my recipes, then do share your feedback with us. If you are looking for Paneer recipes, then do check my post.
Paneer Tava Fry
- 200 gm paneer - cut into thick slices
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 and ½ tsp sambar powder (or) red chili powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp water
- Please check the instructions below.
How to make Paneer Tava Fry
- Cut paneer into thick rectangular slices. Mix turmeric powder, sambar powder, coriander powder and salt in a mixing bowl. Add 2 tbsp water and make a paste. Now, marinate paneer slices with the paste and keep it aside for 30 minutes.
- Heat a tava or frying pan. Add 2 or 3 tbsp oil and shallow paneer slices till it turns golden brown on both the sides. Serve fried paneer with mint chutney.