Soya Chunk Recipes, I have compiled a list of 14 soya chunk recipes shared in my blog. Soya chunks / meal maker are excellent source of protein. They make a great alternative to mutton for recently turned vegetarians.
Use soya chunks in indian dishes like curry, dry sabzi, pulao / biryani, fried rice and snacks. I have tried both small and medium sized soya chunks. Instead of making plain recipe with soya chunks, you can combine it with egg, mushroom, paneer, vegetables and cook. They taste delicious. Soak soya chunks in hot water before cooking. Soak it for at least 20 minutes and then squeeze the water. If the soya chunks are big in size, then chop it finely and use. There is no need to chop small soya chunks.
Some of the other collection of recipes you may want to see, Paneer Recipes, Tofu Recipes, Kollu Recipes, Dal Recipes and Side dish for Roti. If you try any of my recipes, then do share your feedback with us.
Collection of 14 Soya Chunk Recipes
- Beetroot Soya Chunks Biryani, a vegan friendly, gluten free and healthy south Indian style Biryani recipe flavored with coconut milk and fresh ground coriander powder.
- Soya Chunks Kola Urundai, a very famous chettinad style kola urundai recipe. low fat fritters which are made using paniyaram pan. Each urundai takes only 1 or 2 tsp oil.
- Mushroom Soya Chunks Fried Rice, a very easy indo-Chinese style fried rice recipe which doesn’t need spring onion or capsicum strips for the extra flavor.
- Egg Soya Chunks Masala, a spicy and coconut flavored Meal Maker Curry, a perfect side-dish for roti or any other indian flat-bread. This is a protein rich curry made from fresh ground masala.
- Cauliflower Soya Chunks Fried Rice, Burnt Garlic Fried Rice, a complete one pot meal which contains cauliflower, soya chunks and flavored with smoky garlic.
- Soya Chunks Kurma, mild spicy yet full of flavors. soya chunks and potato cubes are cooked in coconut milk sauce and flavored with ground masala powder.
- Paneer Soya Chunks Biryani, Paneer and Soya Chunks are cooked with fresh ground masala which gives a nice aroma. Enjoy it with onion raita and any veg/non-veg gravy.
- Soya Chunks Stir Fry, a dry preparation made south indian style, loaded with the flavors of saunf and pepper and slightly touched with tomato chili sauce.
- Aloo Soya Chunks Paratha, the regular aloo paratha made protein rich by adding soya chunks.
- Soya Chunks Pakoda, another variation of pakoda / pakora to be enjoyed with a cup of tea / coffee.
- Soya Sabji, mashed soya chunks are cooked with green peas in a creamy sauce prepared using besan, yogurt and milk.
- Gobi Soya Pasanda, a rich and creamy curry prepared using onion, cashew paste, yogurt and garam masala. Serve this curry with roti or naan.
- Soya Chunks Upma, scrambled medium sized soya chunks are scrambled and cooked together with cabbage and carrot in a south indian style.
- Soya Chunks Bhurji, a protein rich scrambled egg and soya chunks preparation, easy to prepare and goes very well with roti or any main coarse.