Collection of Rava Recipes / Indian style Semolina Recipes, I’ve compiled a list of 28 sooji / rava recipes shared in my blog. Rava / Sooji is used to prepare sweets like halwa and ladoo. But you can also try them in cake, cookies, payasam / kheer and gujia / somaas. Other than sweet recipes, they are used to prepare instant idli recipes.
Instant idli prepared using rava doesn’t require any fermentation. It really makes the cooking more easier sometimes. Use rava / sooji for coating purpose like fish, chicken for frying. Similarly, use it to coat patties / cutlet/ tikki.
Some of the other collection of recipes you might be interested in, maida recipes, besan recipes, halwa recipes, kheer recipes, no ghee sweet recipes, paniyaram recipes and cutlet recipes. If you try any of my recipes, then do share your feedback with us.
Collection of Rava Recipes
Rava Sweet Recipes / Dessert using Sooji
- Semolina Cardamom Cake, a middle eastern style cake made from semolina, coconut, sugar, milk and butter. The cake is completely soaked in sugar lemon syrup before serving.
- Savory Semolina Cake, the indian version of savory semolina cake made using pressure cooker.
- Beetroot Cookies, egg-less and butter-less beets cookies made using maida, brown sugar, rava, beets puree with a touch of cinnamon powder.
- Nan Khatai, an indian egg-less cookie made from maida, sugar and ghee.
- Rava Ladoo, an easy ladoo variety which can be prepared without any difficulties.
- Sweet Rava Paniyaram, an egg-less version of chettinad style rava paniyaram prepared using maida, rava, sugar and milk.
- Surul Poori, south indian style sweet / dessert made using rava, maida and butter, filled with a paste of rice flour and butter.
- Rasgulla, the famous rasgulla recipe prepared using paneer / cottage cheese and rava, soaked in sugar syrup.
- Sooji Halwa, the famous and easy indian dessert made using semolina, sugar, water / milk. try any variations like adding fruit puree or dry fruits.
- Peach Kesari, a fruity twist to the regular halwa recipe using peaches.
- Egg Paniyaram, the famous chettinad special muttai paniyaram made from maida, rava, egg, milk and sugar.
- Oats Mango Phirni, a north indian dessert prepared from milk and ground rice. Ground rice makes it thick and people serve it chilled for dinner. Instead of rice, use rava and oats.
- Gobi Kheer, a healthy trio combination of oats, cauliflower and sweet basil seeds in kheer. Instead of sugar or condensed milk, add honey.
- Besan Mawa Ladoo, Kadalai Maavu Khoa Laddu, another variety of besan ladoo which is prepared from milk solids / mawa and condensed milk. easy to prepare and takes 15-20 mins.
- Baked Millet Gujia, a perfectly baked gujia / karanji with crispy outer layer and aromatic filling of rava, mawa, desiccated coconut and palm jaggery. guilt free and low in calories.
- Moong Dal Gujia, Baked Mawa Somaas Recipe, a simple and healthy gujia variety made with moong dal, mawa and dates powder stuffing, with step by step photos.
- Peanut Gujia, Verkadalai Somas, a deep fried dumpling made from wheat flour and filled with peanuts, desiccated coconut and palm jaggery.
- Mawa Gujia, a sweet dumpling made with maida and filled with nuts or coconut or khoya.
Breakfast / Tiffin / Snacks Recipes Using Rava
- Beetroot Dhokla, a regular dhokla recipe with an addition of beetroot puree. It can be enjoyed well with Green Chutney & Dates Tamarind Chutney.
- Khaman Dhokla, a famous and healthy snack from Gujarat. I have shared the instant version.
- Barley Rava Idli, a healthy breakfast / dinner recipe which doesn’t require any fermentation. To make this Idli even more colorful, add finely chopped veggies like carrot, beans, beetroot to the batter.
- Oats Rava Idli, another instant version of idli, which doesn’t require any fermentation.
- Oats Rava Bread Toast, healthy snacks recipe, bread slices are toasted with a mixture of rava, oats and buttermilk.
- Methi Khasta Roti, healthy indian style flat bread variety made using wheat flour, semolina and methi leaves.
- Rajasthani Dal Baati, the famous dal baati recipe, hard wheat rolls are baked, crumbled and soaked in dal, served with roti or any indian flat bread variety.
- Oatmeal Dosa, instant dosa variety, batter is prepared using oats, rice flour, curd and rava.
Fish Fry recipes using Sooji / Rava
- Spicy Vanjaram Varuval, spicy king fish slices fry, fish is marinated with fresh ground masala and then coated with semolina before frying.
- Pomfret Fish Fry, semolina coated pomfret fish fry flavored with mint leaves.