Barfi Recipes, I have compiled a list of 16 barfi / fudge / katli varieties shared in my blog over a period of time. There are various ways to prepare barfi. I have shared both south and north indian way of barfi preparation.
The list includes mathura peda, mysore pak, mohanthal, besan barfi, kaju barfi, etc.. Some of the recipes are tried with sugar syrup and some with jaggery syrup. The main ingredients in most of the barfi recipes are besan / gram flour / kadalai maavu. You can similarly try barfi with sesame seeds / til, peanut, pori / puffed rice, nuts (pista, almond, cashew), coconut and even millets like ragi and bajra.
Some of the other collection of recipes you might be interested in, Payasam Recipes, Halwa Recipes, Ladoo Recipes, Besan Sweets and Maida Sweets. If you try any of my recipes, then do share your feedback with us.
Collection of 16 Barfi Recipes
- Ellu Barfi Mittai, an easy and healthy barfi variety prepared using til / sesame seeds, ghee and jaggery. This barfi can be tried for Diwali or Pongal or for regular daily snacks.
- Kaju Katli, a very expensive indian sweet variety made using cashew nuts, sugar and ghee. It requires less ingredients but more patience.
- Almond Cashew Barfi, another dry fruits barfi recipe made using almond / badam and cashew / kaju.
- Pori Chikki, easy to prepare barfi variety prepared using puffed rice / murmura, sugar and ghee. You can replace sugar with jaggery.
- Bajra Coconut Barfi, a healthy and coconut rich Indian style fudge made from pearl millet, coconut & jaggery. If you would like to avoid ghee, replace it with light flavored oil. Bajra can be replaced by any other millet varieties.
- Kadalai Mittai, a famous ready to eat sweet in Tamilnadu. In north they call it as Chikki. Kadalai Mittai is prepared from peanuts and jaggery. You can also prepare Chikki with Dry fruits, Roasted Gram, Sesame Seeds or Puffed Rice.
Barfi Recipes made using Besan
- Mysore Pak, a traditional sweet of Karnataka which is mainly made using gram flour, ghee and sugar. A melt in mouth type barfi made using lots n lots of ghee.
- Mohanthal, a traditional Gujarati sweet made using besan, milk, ghee and sugar. Adding Mawa / Milk Solids is optional. You can even replace it with condensed milk.
- Dates Besan Barfi, an easy barfi / fudge recipe made from kadalai maavu / gram flour. To make this recipe vegan, replace ghee with oil. Dates gives a nice twist to this barfi. You can also reduce the amount of sugar and increase the quantity of dates.
- Besan Butterscotch Barfi, a very yummy and delicious barfi recipe made with the combination of besan (gram flour), mawa (milk solids), ghee, butterscotch chips and milkmaid.
- Kallu Mysore Pak, an another variety of Mysore pak which is not soft but hard like stone. The besan + sugar mixture is cooked in sugar syrup and fried in ghee + oil mixture.
Barfi Recipes made using Milk Products
- Coconut Condensed Milk Barfi, the famous south indian style thengai barfi prepared using desiccated coconut, condensed milk and ghee.
- Mathura Peda / Mawa Peda, learn how to prepare the famous mathura peda at home with step by step photos. Mathura peda is a north indian sweet variety prepared using mawa / khoya, tagar / boora, milk and ghee.
- Apple Peda, cute little apple shaped peda made of paneer and milkmaid. Apple peda can also be made using milk powder or plain khoya/ mawa.
- Chocolate Milk Powder Peda, an easy dessert made using milk, condensed milk, chocolate and milk powder. Its purely a milk sweet that can be prepared in 15-20 mins.
- Easy Paneer Mawa Barfi, an easy and delicious barfi made from Paneer / Cottage Cheese, Mawa & Sugar. You need only 15 mins to prepare this delicious barfi.