Chocolate Raisin Brownies, how to prepare easy chocolate raisin brownies with step by step pics. I have adapted the recipe from “500 Cakes and Bakes” cookbook. These fudgy and delicious brownies makes a great evening snacks or pack it in kids lunch box.
I tried chocolate raisin brownies recipe for last year Christmas but couldn’t post it in time. So better late than never, I’m posting it now because brownie doesn’t need any specific reason or occasion 🙂 I have added walnuts for the crunchiness. Sugar can be replaced by brown sugar or try with jaggery. I have shared two brownie recipes in my blog, Steamed condensed milk brownies and millet peanut butter brownies. Raisin brownies can be baked or even steamed.
Some of the chocolate based dessert recipes shared in my blog, Chocolate Condensed Milk Cake, Chocolate Beetroot Cake, Mango Chocolate Marble Cake, Chocolate Peda and Ragi Chocolate Ladoo. If you try any of my recipes, then do share your feedback with us.
Chocolate Raisin Brownies
- ½ cup (60 gm) wheat flour
- ½ cup (115 gm) butter
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp brandy essence
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup (50 m) cocoa powder
- ⅓ cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup black raisin - chopped
- Please check the instructions below.
How to make Raisin Brownies
- Heat butter in a pan, once it completely melts, remove from the heat and keep aside. Sieve cocoa powder and add to melted butter. Whisk everything well. Take a mixing bowl. Beat eggs, vanilla essence, brandy essence and sugar using electric beater or hand whisk until light and smooth.
- Add butter and chocolate mixture to this and beat it again. Sieve wheat flour and add to the wet mixture. Fold well everything. Finally, add chopped walnuts and black raisin. Fold well. Preheat oven to 180 degree C for 10 minutes. Take a rectangular cake tin and grease with butter. Sprinkle flour and now pour the prepared brownie batter.
- Keep the tin inside oven and bake for 30-35 minutes or till a toothpick inserted at the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and Let the brownie rest in pan. Slice it into square or rectangular shapes. Take out the pieces carefully. Serve them immediately or store in an airtight container.