Fruity Teabread Recipe, learn how to make soaked fruit tea cake / fruity tea bread recipe with step by step photos. Mixed fruits (tutti frutti, dry cranberries, pitted prunes, black raisin, glazed cherries) are soaked in tea and orange juice before baking this soft and moist tea cake.
It is enough to soak them overnight at room temperature. This rich fruit tea cake is made using wheat flour, egg, butter, milk powder, honey and spiced with cinnamon, nutmeg powder. You can replace honey with jaggery, white sugar or brown sugar. Adding milk powder is optional. You can adjust the quantity of wheat flour if gonna skip milk powder. Orange juice can be replaced by apple juice.
Some of the fruit cake recipes shared in my blog, Eggless Christmas Fruit and Nuts Cake, Rum Raisin Cake, Rava Fruit Cake, Eggless Mawa Tutti Frutti Sponge Cake, No Soak Christmas Fruit Cake, Christmas Fruit Rum Cake and Plum Cake. If you try any of my recipes, then do share your feedback with us.
Fruity Teabread Recipe
- ¾ cup chopped mixed fruits (tutti frutti, pitted prunes, dried cranberries, glazed cherries, black raisin)
- 1 tbsp chopped candied orange peel
- juice of 1 orange
- ½ cup tea - any flavor
- ½ cup wheat flour
- ¼ cup milk powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- salt -a pinch
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder
- ½ tsp nutmeg powder
- 70 gm unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- ¼ cup honey
- Please check the instructions below.
Soaked Fruit Tea Cake
- Prepare black tea with 1 tsp sugar and let it come to room temperature. Finely chop all the fruits and mix with candied orange peels. Take a jar or wide glass bowl. Combine orange juice, tea & fruits mixture. Make sure that all the fruits are soaked well in juice. Cover it with a cling sheet and keep it in refrigerator if you want to soak for longer time. If you are going to use it next day, then keep the bowl at room temp.
- Take out the soaked fruits and nuts mixture and strain the juice. Keep juice aside. 30 minutes before baking, take all the ingredients to be used from the refrigerator. Once everything comes to room temperature, start using them.
- Take a mixing bowl and add butter. Using a electric blender or hand whisk, beat butter till smooth. Add one egg at a time and beat it again till you get smooth batter. Now, add honey and brandy essence. Beat it again. Add soaked fruits and 2 tbsp strained juice. Mix well everything and keep aside. Sieve wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon powder, nutmeg powder and salt.
- Add this dry mixture to wet mixture and fold everything well. Preheat oven to 180 degree C for 10 minutes. Take a cake pan and grease with little butter. Dust wheat flour. Pour the batter into the greased and flour dusted cake tin and bake for 20 minutes.
- Cover the top of the cake with a foil sheet and bake for another 10-15 minutes or till a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove cake from the pan and let it cool for 10 minutes. Remove it carefully from the pan and cut into slices. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container.