Healthy Mushroom Walnut Soup, today we will see how to prepare mushroom walnut soup at home with step by step photos. Mushroom walnut soup is very easy to prepare and need only few ingredients. I have not added cream here.
This is not a vegan recipe as I have used milk here. Walnut is a rich source of omega 3 fatty acids and we should consume at least 3 or 4 walnuts per daily. You can either have it as it is or use in soup or drinks. If you do not like the taste of raw walnut, you can soak it in water for few hour just like almonds and then use it. To prepare mushroom soup, I have soaked walnut for 3 hours in water.
Apart from mushroom, you can also add carrot, beans or cauliflower to increase the nutritional value of soup. The soup is very creamy and best to serve hot. Some of the other soup recipes shared in my blog, Banana stem soup, lamb rib bones soup, mushroom celery soup, keerai soup and crab soup. If you try any of my recipes, then do share your feedback with us.
Healthy Mushroom Walnut Soup
- ½ cup chopped mushroom
- 1 medium sized onion - chopped
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 3 or 4 walnuts - soaked in water for minimum 1 hour
- ¼ cup milk, at room temperature
- pepper powder - according to your need
- salt to taste
- 1 or 2 cup water - according to your need
- Please check the instructions below.
How to make No Cream Mushroom Soup
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan or kadhai. Add chopped onion, mushroom and ginger garlic paste. Stir well everything and let it cook for 2 minutes. Add 2 tbsp water and cook for another 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Grind the whole mixture in a mixer along with soaked walnuts(strain water used to soak walnuts) to smooth paste. Add this paste in the same pan and also add 1 or 2 cup water according to your need. Sprinkle pepper and salt to taste. Stir well everything and let it boil. Now, add milk and cook for another 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and serve hot or cold.