Healthy Moong Sprouts Aloo Chaat, learn how to make easy sprouts aloo chaat at home with step by step photos. Just like any other chaat recipes, sprouts chaat is not only easy to prepare but also healthy and very light to stomach.
You need moong sprouts or any other sprout variety or simply use mixed sprouts for this dish. Other assembling ingredients are boiled and diced potatoes, chopped onion, bhujia / fine sev, mint chutney, imli chutney and pomegranate pearls for final garnish. They are very colorful and kids would find it too attractive. Since moong sprouts chaat is healthy and loaded with nutrients, pregnant ladies can try this as evening snacks. I have used store bought bhujia here. You can prepare green chutney and sweet chutney in advance for which I have shared the recipes. Store them in a refrigerator and both the chutney can also be used for other chaat items / indian street food.
Moong sprouts can either be boiled or stir fried before making chaat. Similarly, I have added boiled potatoes directly instead of using fried ones or flavored ones. You can prepare as you wish and alter it according to your taste-bud. Some of the other healthy snacks recipes shared in my blog, Instant Khaman Dhokla, Soya Chunks Kola Urundai, Beetroot Dhokla, Roasted Makhana and Masala Papad. If you try any of my recipes, then do share your feedback with us.
Healthy Moong Sprouts Aloo Chaat
- 1 and ½ cup moong sprouts / whole green gram sprouts / mulaikattiya payaru
- sweet chutney / tamarind dates chutney
- green chutney
- home made / store bought bhujia (fine sev)
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup pomegranate pearls
- 2 small potatoes - boiled and diced into cubes
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp oil
- salt to taste
- Please check the instructions below.
How to prepare Easy Sprouts Chaat recipe
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan or kadhai. Temper 1 tsp mustard seeds and add moong sprouts and salt to taste. Cook for 2 minutes and remove from the heat. Allow to cool. To make sprouts aloo chaat, assemble all the ingredients.
- Take a plate and spread moong sprouts. Now, place diced potato cubes over sprouts. Sprinkle bhujia all over the sprouts. Pour one or two tbsp of mint chutney and sweet chutney all over the sprouts and potato.
- Now, add pomegranate pearls and chopped onions in the similar order. Healthy and tasty moong sprouts aloo chaat is ready to be served. You can sprinkle amchoor powder or chaat masala if needed.