Dalia Palak Khichdi, today we will see how to prepare simple and healthy one pot meal (dalia palak khichdi) recipe which can be served for lunch / dinner with raita and pickle. This is a vegan one pot meal recipe made using dalia / wheat rava / godhumai rava, moong dal and palak keerai.
To make it more nutritious, you can add few more chopped vegetables like carrot, beans, green peas, beetroot, etc.. Palak keerai can be replaced by other green leaf varieties like siru keerai, methi leaves and drumstick leaves. To make it bit watery, I have added 3 cup water for 3/4 cup dalia. If you want it bit fluffy, use this proportion (1 cup dalia : 2 cup water) just like we measure for rice.
Moong dal can be replaced by masoor dal or toor dal. It is easy to prepare and can be tried by even bachelors or spinsters in no time. This can be prepared in less than 20 mins as we are using pressure cooker, which saves cooking time. Some of the other rice varieties shared in my blog, VangiBath, Pudina Rice, Instant Tomato Rice, Hare Chane Ki Kichadi and Ellu Sadam. If you try any of my recipes, then do share your feedback with us.
Dalia Palak Khichdi Recipe
- ¾ cup dalia / wheat rava
- 1 and ½ tbsp split moong dal / siru paruppu
- ½ cup finely chopped palak / spinach
- 1 onion - chopped
- 1 tomato - chopped
- ½ tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 green chili - chopped
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- asofoetida / hing - a pinch
- ½ tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 stick curry leaves
- 3 cup water
- 1 tsp cumin / jeera seeds
- Please check the instructions below.
How to cook Palak Khichdi
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a pressure cooker. Temper mustard seeds, cumin seeds and curry leaves. Add chopped onions, green chilies and cook for a while. Now, add chopped tomatoes and mash the pulp. Add ginger garlic paste and stir well. Now, add chopped palak, dalia, moong dal, turmeric powder, garam masala, hing and salt to taste.
- Stir well everything and finally add 3 cup water. Close the lid and cook for 4 whistles on medium flame. Remove from the heat and allow the pressure to settle down. Open the lid and add 1 tsp ghee if using. Mash everything and serve hot.