Raw Mango Recipes, I have compiled a list of 16 kachha aam / raw mango recipes shared in my blog. I hope you find this list useful. If you try any of my recipes, then do share your feedback with us.
Summer is all about only raw and ripe mangoes. Raw mangoes are used to prepare pickles during summer. Raw mangoes available through out the year, but there is something which makes it more special during summer.
I have shared two pickle recipes, instant and sun dried one. There are many other versions of mango pickles, which I shall try and post in the future. For the famous south indian curry, ie. sambar, raw mango can be used in the place of tamarind.
Not only sambar, it can be also used in fish curries. Where ever tamarind or curd is required, you can simply replace them with raw mango. Pregnant ladies can consume raw mango by boiling it and mixing with jaggery, which will not induce heat. Recipes like raw mango pachadi and aam panna works very well.
Collection of Easy Raw Mango Recipes
- Instant Mango Pickle, how to prepare quick and easy south indian style raw mango pickle (maanga oorugai). Serve this delicious mango pickle with ragi koozh, curd rice or any south indian main coarse.
- Punjabi Mango Pickle, the famous Punjabi style raw mango pickle / achaar made using mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, nigella seeds, fennel seeds and flavored with mustard oil.
- Poondu Maanga Saadam, south indian style raw mango and garlic rice recipe, easy to prepare and perfect for summer.
- Prawn & Mango Fry, a very unique combination of raw mango and prawns cooked together in a simple south indian style gravy.
- Raw Mango Drumstick Poriyal, a simple tamilnadu style poriyal prepared using mashed drumstick, raw mango and coconut masala.
- Sirukeerai Maanga Saadam, amaranths and raw mango rice, another south indian style variety rice prepared using green leaves which makes it more healthy, serve with pickle and potato roast.
- Raw Mango Panna, the healthy aam panna recipe sweetened using jaggery, reduces body heat and can be tried by even pregnant ladies.
- Raw Mango Juice, raw mango with the touch of mint leaves makes this drink enjoyable. It gives the taste of hajmola.
- Maanga Saadam, the famous raw mango rice variety usually served to pregnant ladies for satisfying their taste buds.
- Raw Mango Pachadi, an easy to prepare, healthy and vegan sweet and sour raw mango chutney sweetened using jaggery, best to serve with rice.
- Raw Mango Nookal Sambar, a simple sambar recipe without tamarind since we have used raw mango.
- Maanga Mezhagu Kuzhambu, raw mango, raw banana and brinjal are together in a peppery tamarind based sauce, serve with rice and papad.
- Meen Maanga Mochai Kuzhambu, south indian style fish curry prepared using raw mango, fresh pigeon beans and fresh dolicho beans, along with tamarind extract.
- Chettinadu Meen Maanga Kuzhambu, the famous chettinad style fish curry flavored with raw mango instead of tamarind extract, the marinated fish fillets are cooked together with fresh ground masala paste prepared from shallots, coconut, fennel seeds and spices.
- Pavakkai Maanga Kuzhambu, a sweet and sour combination of bitter gourd and raw mango in coconut based south indian style curry. Bitter gourd and raw mango is a perfect combination when its about curry preparation.
- Mathi Meen Maanga Kuzhambu, how to prepare mathi maanga kuzhambu (fish and mango curry) with step by step photos. Serve with rice, idli or dosa.