Kavuni Arisi Adai / Thatta Payaru Adai, today we will see how to prepare black sticky rice and moth beans adai. Kavuni Arisi can be used to prepare porridge, puttu or idli / dosa. I have already shared the recipe for Kavuni arisi payasam.
“Black rice is a range of rice types of the species Oryza sativa L., some of which are glutinous rice. Varieties include Indonesian black rice and Thai jasmine black rice. Black rice is high in nutritional value and is a source of iron, vitamin E, and antioxidants (more than in blueberries). The grain has a similar amount of fiber to brown rice and, like brown rice, has a mild, nutty taste. In China, black rice is claimed to be good for the kidney, stomach, and liver. Black rice has a deep black color and usually turns deep purple when cooked. It is suitable for making porridge, dessert, traditional Chinese black rice cake, bread, and noodles. Black rice contains essential amino acids like lysine and tryptophan; vitamins such as thiamine (B1), riboflavin (B2), and folic acid (B9); and dietary minerals including iron, zinc, calcium, and phosphorus.” – Wikipedia Source
To prepare kavuni arisi adai, we need matki / moth beans / thatta payiru, urad dal, channa dal and black sticky rice. I have used matki sprouts for the recipe. With the below mentioned quantity, you can prepare 10 adai dosa. Soak sticky rice overnight and grind with matki sprouts and other dal. You can prepare adai instantly. There is no need to ferment the batter.
Some of the other dosa recipes shared in my blog, Lauki Moong Dal Cheela, Tapioca Dosa, Sweet Corn Adai Dosa, Eral Masala Dosa and Barley & Brown Rice Dosa. If you try any of my recipes, then do share your feedback with us.
Kavuni Arisi Adai
- 2 cup black sticky rice / kavuni arisi
- 1 cup matki sprouts / moth beans / thatta payiru sprouts
- 2 tbsp urad dal / ultham paruppu / split black gram
- 2 tbsp channa dal / kadala paruppu / split bengal gram
- 1 tbsp rice flour
- salt to taste
- 1 stick curry leaves
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 2 green chilies
- Please check the instructions below.
How to prepare Kavuni arisi Thatta payaru Adai
- Wash and soak sticky rice overnight in water. Soak urad dal and channa dal in another bowl. Now, grind matki sprouts, sticky rice, urad and channa dal, green chilies, curry leaves and grated ginger together in a mixer grinder to coarse batter. Transfer the batter to a container.
- Heat a tava or non-stick frying pan. Grease with little oil / ghee. Pour a ladle full of batter and spread it evenly. Add little oil / ghee all over the edges and cook both the sides. Remove from the heat and serve hot with chutney or sambar.