Mathi Meen Fry Recipe, learn how to prepare tamilnadu style sardine fish fry with step by step photos. Mathi Meen / Chala Meen is considered to be more healthy and has lots of nutritional benefits. Though we like the taste of this fish, the cleaning part is bit smelly compared to other fish varieties.
Mathi meen is marinated with sambar powder, turmeric powder and coriander powder. The three masala powders which I always use to marinate any fish variety since they are very light and do not give that raw masala smell when fired. I always stay away from the ready made fish fry masala powders. There are various methods to prepare or marinate fish, but I mostly prefer simple marination. I marinate the fish after cleaning and keep it in a freezer which stays good for 4-5 days. Before frying, keep the marinated fish at room temperature for minimum 2-3 hours.
Some of the other non veg starter recipes shared in my blog, Egg Bonda, Karandi Muttai, Chicken Tava Fry, Mutton Keema Kabab and Pepper Sura Puttu. If you try any of my recipes, then do share your feedback with us.
Mathi Meen Fry
- 10 medium sized sardine fish / mathi meen - cleaned and washed
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 and ½ tsp sambar powder
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 stick curry leaves
- Please check the instructions below.
How to prepare Chala Meen Varuval
- Clean and wash mathi meen. Marinate with turmeric powder, sambar powder, coriander powder and salt to taste. Keep it aside for minimum 1 hour. Heat oil for shallow frying in a tava or frying pan.
- Place marinated mathi meen over hot oil and also place curry leaves. Fry on low medium flame till it turns golden brown and crispy. Serve fried mathi meen with any main coarse.