Potato Masala for Roti, today we will see an easy and simple potato curry prepared without using coconut. Potato masala goes very well with roti, chapati or poori. You can also try adding coconut milk to the curry which will give rich flavor to the dish.
Potato curry is very easy to prepare and can even be tried by bachelors / spinsters. Use boiled and diced potato cubes to prepare the curry. You can replace red chili powder with sambar powder. To make this curry watery, add more water according to your need. You can also add other vegetables like green peas, cauliflower or carrot to make this curry colorful and more nutritional.
Some of the potato curry recipes shared in my blog, Goan Potato Curry, Chicken Potato Curry, Moong Sprouts Curry, Potato Mint Curry and Potato Kurma for idli. If you try any of my recipes, then do share your feedback with us.
Potato Curry without Coconut
- 2 boiled and diced potatoes
- 1 medium sized onion - chopped
- 1 tomato - chopped
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- ¼ tsp red chili powder
- 1 green chili - chopped
- ½ tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- asofeotida / hing - a pinch
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- ½ tsp jeera / cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- Please check the instructions below.
How to make Potato Masala for Roti
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan or kadhai. Temper mustard seeds and add chopped onion, green chilies. Cook for a while. Now, add chopped tomatoes and mash the pulp. Add ginger garlic paste. Stir well. Add potato cubes, turmeric powder, chili powder, garam masala, coriander powder, hing and salt to taste.
- Stir well everything and add 1 cup water. Cook it covered on low medium flame for 10 minutes. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve with roti, chapati or poori.