Blueberry Buttermilk Muffins, how to prepare blueberry muffins with step by step photos. Its been very long that I baked a cake after the birth of my child. The baking has become occasional task at home. These yummy muffins were baked when I was pregnant. I had saved lot of recipes in the drafts to be posted later. Finally, I got some time to sit and write a blog post and going through all the draft posts.
I got super excited when I saw a packet of blueberries in PazhaMudhir veggies shop and tried these muffins immediately. You can use any fruits in the place of blueberries. Wheat flour can be replaced by maida / all purpose flour or even multi grain flour. These muffins can be packed for kids snack box. Some of the other muffin recipes shared in my blog, Banana Walnut Muffins, Apple Butterscotch Nuts Muffin, Peanut Butter Muffins, Eggless Jam Muffins and Oreo Muffins. If you try any of my recipes, then do share your feedback with us.
Blueberry Buttermilk Muffins
- 100 gm / 1 cup wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- salt a pinch
- 100 gm blueberries
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 75 gm unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp olive oil - if needed
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp brandy essence - optional
- Please check the instructions below.
How to prepare Blueberry Muffins
- Sieve wheat flour, baking powder, cinnamon powder and salt to taste. Keep aside. Take out butter from the fridge and keep aside for 15 minutes. Measure it and cut into thin slices. Take a wide mixing bowl and add butter slices. Using a electric beater, beat butter at medium speed for few minutes.
- Add egg, sugar, brandy essence and buttermilk. Whip them smooth using an electric beater or hand whisk. Mix blueberries with flour mixture. Add wet to the dry mixture and fold everything well. Preheat oven to 180 degree C for 10 minutes. Pour the batter in muffin cups. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove muffins from the oven. Let it cool and then serve.