Chutney Recipes for Idli, Dosa / Thogayal Varieties / Thuvaiyal Recipes for Rice, I have compiled a list of 25 chutney recipes and 7 thogayal recipes in my blog. I have shared chutney recipes to be served with idli / dosa, biryani and also chat items.
For south indian breakfast / dinner, coconut based chutney recipes are preferred. But instead of serving plain coconut chutney, always try to include some vegetables / lentils for nutritional benefits. Onion chutney, tomato chutney or mint chutney are more healthy when compared to coconut chutney. I have also shared side dish recipes list for idli and dosa.
Thogayal / Thuvaiyal are nothing but thick paste usually served with cooked rice. But you can also serve it with dosa. For thogayal preparation, vegetables like carrot, capsicum, pumpkin, beetroot, etc are used. Grinding thogayal using a ammikallu / masala grinding stone gives a unique taste to the dish. If you try any of my recipes, then do share your feedback with us.
Chutney Recipes for Idli and Dosa
- Raw Onion Tomato Chutney, an easy chutney recipe prepared using raw onion and tomato. All you have to do is grind all the ingredients first and then cook it till you get thick chutney.
- Coconut Ginger Chutney, a very easy chutney recipe served with idli, dosa, pongal, upma or kara paniyaram.
- Carrot Peanut Mint Chutney, an easy & healthy chutney recipe perfect to go with idli or dosa, prepared using carrot, peanut, mint and coconut.
- Thalippu Vengaya Vadagam Chutney, a very easy chutney recipe made with sun-dried seasoning balls using ammikallu / masala grinding stone.
- Kollu Chutney, a healthy kongu style chutney recipe prepared from horse gram can be enjoyed with idli, dosa or rice.
- Green Capsicum Pottukadalai Chutney, green bell pepper, onion, dry chilies, pottukadalai and tamarind flavored chutney with no coconut added.
- Mint Peanut Chutney, a vegan chutney recipe, stays good for 2 days if stored in refrigerator.
- Gramathu Pudina Chutney, village style thick / getti mint chutney.
- Gongura Chutney, andhra style pulicha keerai chutney with no tamarind or coconut added.
- Tomato Chutney, tomato, coconut, tamarind and red chilies flavored simple chutney recipe.
- Coconut Coriander Chutney, coconut, pottukadalai, coriander and garlic flavored chutney, no frying needed.
- Coriander chutney, very light and simple chutney recipe made from coriander leaves, coconut, tamarind and dried methi leaves.
- Coconut Chutney, fried coconut, garlic and tamarind chutney.
- Onion-Tomato Chutney, a regular onion and tomato combination based chutney recipe.
- Coconut Pottukadalai Chutney, raw coconut, garlic and pottukadalai chutney takes only 5 minutes to prepare.
- Onion Chutney, simple fried onion and coconut chutney prepared in less than 15 minutes.
- Groundnut Chutney, fried peanuts blended together with raw coconut, tamarind and garlic flakes.
- Coconut & Onion Chutney, another raw chutney recipe variety prepared from coconut, onion, red chilies and pottukadalai.
- Spicy Tomato Pickle, spicy south indian style pickle made from pulpy tomatoes and can be preserved for 10 days in refrigerator.
Chutney Recipes for Chat Items, Biryani, Pulao
- Mint-Coriander Chutney, the famous green chutney usually served with kebab / tikka, stays well for more than 3 days if refrigerated.
- Mint Chutney (For Chat Items), north indian style green chutney served with chat items.
- Lahsun ki Chutney, rajasthan special raw garlic chutney served with bajra roti.
- Curd Chutney, hyderabad special chutney recipe made from yogurt and mint leaves, flavored with cumin seeds and served with biryani.
- Dates Tamarind Chutney, the famous north indian style sweet / khatti-meethi chutney made to serve with chat items.
- Green Chutney for Sandwich, an easy to prepare chutney recipe specially for sandwich made from mint, coriander leaves and coconut bits. Make this chutney thick to avoid soggy sandwich.
- Green tomato Chutney, pachai thakkali chutney, made thick just like thogayal to be served with rice or even idli and dosa.
- Pirandai Mint Thuvaiyal, Adamant Creeper Chutney, healthy thuvaiyal recipe which goes very well with rice, idli or dosa. You can also serve this with roti. To serve with tiffin varieties, make it watery like chutney.
- Thoothuvalai Keerai Thuvaiyal, thogayal made from a herbal green which is mainly used to cure cold, cough and asthma.
- Mullangi Thuvayal, learn how to prepare a simple side-dish variety for rice or idli/dosa using mullangi / radish.
- Carrot Thogaiyal, another simple thogayal recipe
- White Pumpkin Thogaiyal, poosnikai thuvaiyal, another thogayal variety lightly sweetened with jaggery / gur.
- Peerkanga Thogaiyal, the most healthy thogayal variety made from both the skin and flesh of peerkanga / ridge gourd, include the skin part which is rich in fiber.