Prawn Cutlet, how to prepare South Indian style Prawn Cutlet Recipe at home with easy steps. Today we will see the recipe of prawn cutlet / eral cutlet which can be served as evening snacks to the toddlers / kids or elders.
This cutlet is nothing but kola urundai recipe and instead of making round balls, I have shallow fried them as cutlet. I have added moringa leaves powder for additional nutritional benefit. These cutlets are made crunchy by adding aval / poha powder instead of bread crumbs. My boy loved the cutlets. Instead of shallow fry, you can also bake them or make kola urundai using paniyaram pan. Prawns can be replaced by chicken, fish, crab meat or mutton. The cutlets can be served as finger food to the babies from 6 th month onward. They are very filling and also healthy if appropriate ingredients and the cooking method is chosen. I have used cold pressed coconut oil for shallow fry. To check other cutlet recipes, do chem my post.
Some of the cutlet recipes shared in my blog, Baked Paneer Millet Cutlet, Mixed Veg Cutlet, Beetroot Chickpeas Cutlet & Peanut Cabbage Cutlet. If you try any of my recipes, then do share your feedback with us.
Prawn Cutlet Recipe
- 500 gm Prawn, shells removed and deveined
- 1 medium sized onion - chopped
- ¼ cup chopped coconut
- 1 dry red chili - broken
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp pepper powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp moringa powder - optional
- 1 stick curry leaves
- ½ tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp saunf / fennel seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds powder
- Please check the instructions below.
How to prepare Prawn Cutlet
- Grind prawns in a mixer to paste. Now heat 1 tbsp coconut oil in a kadai and saute ground prawn paste. Sauté till all the moisture dries and you get dry crumbled prawn. Combine dry prawn mixture, onion, red chili, chopped coconut, Turmeric powder, cumin, fennel seeds, ginger garlic paste, pepper powder, coriander powder, cloves, cinnamon and moringa powder. Blend everything in a mixer. Add few tsp of aval powder and salt. Combine well.
- Keep the mixture closed in a refrigerator for 15 minutes. Heat few tbsp of coconut oil in a pan. Make small balls of the mixture and slightly flatten it. Coat it with aval powder and keep aside. Proceed with the remaining paste and shallow fry them till they turn crispy and raw smell goes. Serve cutlet with green chutney or tomato sauce.