Avarakkai Kootu, today we will see how to prepare avarakkai mezhagu kootu in coconut based curry. Finely chopped avarakkai are cooked in coconut and split Moong dal based curry. This is a vegan and healthy curry recipe which is best enjoyed with rasam rice. The regular avarakkai or naatu avarakkai can be used. If you try any of our recipes, then do share your feedback with us.
Avarakkai Kootu Recipe
- 200 gms Avarakkai / broad beans
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 tomato
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- ½ dry red chili
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp pepper powder
- Salt to salt
- ½ cup chopped coconut
- Please check the instructions below.
How to cook Avarakkai kootu curry
- Grind coconut, chili, ginger garlic paste, cumin powder, coriander powder and pepper powder to a smooth paste adding enough water.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a pressure cooker. Temper mustard seeds and curry leaves . Add chopped onion and sauté a while. Now add chopped tomato and mash the pulp.
- Add chopped avarakkai, turmeric powder, hing, Moong dal, masala paste and salt to taste. Stir well everything. Now add enough water and close the lid. Pressure cook for 3-4 whistles and remove the heat. Serve with rice.