Kozhi Mezhagu Masala, learn how to cook pepper chicken masala in a clay pot. A very spicy and finger licking masala gravy prepared using chicken, onion, chilies, pepper and other spice powders. The masala tastes delicious with rice and roti or poori. You can adjust the level of pepper or Chilies according to your need. You can cook the dish in any pan or pot. I try to cook most of the recipes in a clay pot or cast iron kadai to the maximum.
I have shared various versions of chicken masala in my blog and this is also one among them. Some of the other chicken starter recipes shared in my blog, Chicken Pakoda, Chicken Tava Fry, Chicken Kola Urundai, Chicken Tikka and Murgh Malai Kabab. If you try any of my recipes, then do share your feedback with us. Please do check our YouTube channel for the recipe videos and subscribe us if you like the recipe.
Kozhi Mezhagu Masala
- 250 gms chicken
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 2 onions - sliced
- 2 green chilies - chopped
- ½ cup chopped coriander leaves
- 2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp pepper powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- Please check the instructions below.
How to cook Chicken Pepper Masala
- Marinate chicken with 1/4 tsp turmeric powder and keep aside. Heat 2-3 tbsp oil in a clay pot or kadai. Temper mustard seeds and curry leaves. Add sliced onions and green chilies. Sauté a while.
- Add ginger garlic paste and stir well. Now add marinated chicken and stir. Add pepper powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, Garam Masala and salt to taste. Mix everything and add 2 cup water. Cook covered on medium flame for 15 minutes and stir occasionally. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Serve warm.