Maapillai Samba Aval Upma, today we will see how to prepare easy and healthy Upma recipe using Mapillai Samba Aval. I bought a packet of Mapillai Samba Aval from an organic store and tried this simple Upma recipe. You can try all the recipes prepared using Aval. Serve this Upma warm with getti coconut chutney.
Stir fry all the ingredients with aval. You can also add potatoes just like batata poha recipe. You can serve the Upma for breakfast or evening snacks. Some of the upma recipes shared in my blog, Kozhi Bread Upma, Muttai(Egg) Bread Upma, Pori Upma, Sago Upma, Lemon Varagu Semiya Upma and Milagu Aval Upma. If you try any of my recipes, then do share your feedback with us. Please do check our YouTube channel for the recipe videos and subscribe us if you like the recipe.
Maapillai samba aval upma
- 1 and ¼ cup Mapillai Samba Aval
- 1 onion - chopped
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp chopped green chilies
- 2 tsp peanuts
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp urad dal / ultham paruppu
- Salt to taste
- 1 stick curry leaves
- ½ lemon juice
- Please check the instructions below.
How to prepare samba aval upma
- Take aval and wash under running tap water. Soak in water for 10 minutes and drain the water completely. Make sure Aval is not mushy. Heat oil in a kadai. Temper mustard seeds, urad dal, peanuts and curry leaves. Add chopped onions and green chilies.
- Stir well and add turmeric powder. Now add Aval and salt to taste. Sprinkle 1/4 cup water and cook covered for 2 minutes. Finally sprinkle lemon juice and serve warm with coconut chutney.
Recipe Video :