Prawn Drumstick Curry, how to prepare prawn drumstick curry using tamarind and coconut as based. This is a Tamilnadu style curry made using clay pot.
I have used medium sized prawns but small prawns taste better. The tangy taste of tamarind suits very well with prawns. Serve this curry with rice or idli. The curry tastes more delicious when served the next day. Since we have used coconut, it’s better to finish it up on the same day.
Some of the fish curry recipes shared in my blog, Salem Style Fish Curry, Viral Meen Kuzhambu, Meen Maanga Mochai Kuzhambu, Fish Kofta Curry and Ayala Meen Kuzhambu. If you try any of my recipes, then do share your feedback with us.
Prawn Drumstick Curry
- 400 gms prawn
- 2 onions-finely chopped
- 1 tomato - chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 tsp sambar powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 cup tamarind extract
- ½ cup chopped coconut
- Salt to salt
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 stick curry leaves
- ½ tsp pepper powder
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- 1 drumstick- chopped
- Please check the instructions below.
How to prepare Eral Kuzhambu
- Grind chopped coconut along with enough water to smooth paste. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a clay pot. Temper mustard seeds and curry leaves. Add chopped onions and sauté a while. Now add chopped tomatoes and mash the pulp.
- Add ginger garlic paste and stir well. Now add prawns, chopped drumstick, sambar powder, coriander powder, pepper powder, cumin powder and tamarind extract. Stir well everything.
- Add 1 cup water and cook for 5-8 minutes. Now add coconut paste and salt to taste. Add more water if needed and cook for 10-15 minutes. Serve warm with idli or rice.