Sundakkai Sabzi, today we will see how to prepare an easy recipe using sundakkai and potato cubes. Sundakkai / Fresh Turkey Berries are crushed using mortar and pestle stone and cooked together with pressure cooked potato cubes to perfection.
This is a dry side dish recipe which can be served with roti or rasam rice. Sundakkai taste bitter but you wouldn’t find bitter in this recipe. I have planned to more recipes using sundakkai so stay tuned. I have already shared Pachai Sundakkai Puli Kuzhambu, Sundakkai Cutlet and Pachai Sundakkai Thuvayal recipes. If you try any of my recipes, then do share your feedback with us. Please do check our YouTube channel for the recipe videos and subscribe us if you like the recipe.
- ¼ cup fresh turkey berries / sundakkai
- ½ cup pressure cooked potato cubes
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp pepper powder
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp sambar powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 stick curry leaves
- Please check the instructions below.
How to prepare turkey berries sabzi
- Take sundakkai and crush them using mortar and pestle stone. Keep them aside. Heat oil in a kadai. Temper mustard seeds and cumin seeds. Add curry leaves and stir.
- Now add sundakkai and cook till they turn color to light green. Add cooked potato cubes and stir well. Now add turmeric powder, pepper powder, coriander powder, sambar powder and salt to taste. Stir well everything and cook covered on low flame for 10 minutes. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve warm.
Recipe video :