Thinai Karambu Paniyaram, today we will see how to prepare paniyaram using thinai grains, sugarcane juice , banana and palm jaggery. The paniyaram is prepared using soapstone cookware. You can also non stick paniyaram pan or iron pan or bronze pan. THinai sirudhaniyam is soaked along with rice flour for few hours and then ground with sugar cane juice. Mashed banana, cardamom powder and palm jaggery is added to the batter. The sweet level can be adjusted according to your tastebud.
These paniyaram can be served as evening snacks to the kids or elders. You can either use ghee or oil for frying. Ghee gives rich taste to the dish. I have used oil for frying. With the below mentioned quantity you can easily prepare 14 paniyaram. Thinnai can be replaced by other millet varieties like samai, kuthirvaali or varagu. For sweet recipes, thinnai is always preferred.
similar sweet paniyaram recipes,
- Wheat, Bajra & Karupatti Paniyaram
- Brown Rice Paniyaram
- Muttai Paniyaram
- Plum Nei Appam
- Sweet Rava Paniyaram
- Banana Paniyaram
Thinai Karambu Paniyaram
- 2 cup Thinai grains / Foxtail millet
- ¼ cup raw rice
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- 2 tbsp palm jaggery
- 1 mashed banana
- ½ cup chopped sugarcane bits
- Please check the instructions below.
How to cook Thinai Innipu Paniyaram
- Soak thinnai and raw rice in enough water for 3 hours. Wash them and drain the water completely. Meanwhile, prepare sugarcane juice by grinding chopped sugarcane in a mixer to smooth paste by adding 1/4 cup water. Filter the juice and use it instead of water in the recipe.
- While grinding thinnai and rice, use sugarcane juice. Grind to smooth batter. Transfer to a bowl. Add cardamom powder, mashed banana and palm jaggery.
- Mix everything well and add more juice if needed. Heat paniyaram pan and grease with oil or ghee. Pour batter in each cavities of the pan and close it. Let it cook for few minutes and then flip over carefully. Cook for another few minutes and remove paniyaram from the pan. Similarly proceed with the remaining batter. Serve warm for better taste.
Recipe Video :