Amla Uthapam, today we will see how to prepare nellikai uthapam using dosa batter. This is a completely vegan healthy dish similar to pancakes. The fermented dosa batter is mixed with sautéed amla mixture and made to thick uthapam or pancake.
I have used khichli samba rice to prepare dosa batter. You can also use any dosa batter to prepare this oothapam. To prepare khichli samba dosa, take 2 cup khichli samba raw rice, 2 cup parboiled rice and 1 cup urad dal. Other procedures are same to prepare dosa batter.
Other than Amla, you can also add grated carrot or peas to the uthapam batter. Adding other veggies will make the dish more colourful and kids will be tempted to try it . Serve this healthy uthapam with coconut chutney for breakfast, dinner or snacks.
Please do check our YouTube channel for the recipe videos and subscribe us if you like the recipe.
Other dosa varieties shared,
- Barley & Brown Rice Dosa
- Mudakathan Keerai / Balloon Vine Leaves Dosa
- Moong Dal Cheela (Green Gram Pancake)
- Oatmeal Dosa
- Ragi Dosa
- Pearl Millet Dosa (with left over dosa batter)
- Muttai Dosa / Egg Dosa
- Ghee Roast Uthapam
- Pepper Wheat Dosa
- Wheat Dosa
- 1 cup dosa batter
- 2 or 3 Amla - grated
- 1 onion - finely chopped
- 1 tsp moringa leaves powder [homemade] - optional
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp urad dal / ultham paruppu
- 1 tsp Channa Dal / kadalai paruppu
- Few curry leaves
- 1 tbsp chopped dry red chili
- Please check the instructions below.
How to prepare Nellikai Oothapam
- Heat 1 tsp coconut oil in a pan. Temper mustard seeds. Add chopped onions, curry leaves, broken red chilies, urad dal, Channa Dal, turmeric powder, grated Amla and salt. Stir fry everything for few minutes and remove from the heat.
- Add this mixture to dosa batter. Also add salt and moringa powder. Mix all. Heat a tava and grease with little oil. Pour a ladleful of batter and form thick uthapam. Sprinkle oil all over the sides and cook both the sides. Serve uthapam with chutney or sambar.
Recipe Video :