Eggless Wheat Rava Fruit Cake, today we will see how to prepare eggless and butterless fruit cake using wheat rava. I have already shared a version of rava cake recipe using eggs and butter. In this recipe, we have used olive oil, milk and milkmaid. This is a quick fruit cake recipe which doesn’t require any soaking.
You can use apple juice or orange juice or grape juice in the recipe. The cake sunk a little bit in the middle. I’m not sure what went wrong while baking. Other than that there is no problem in the cake. It tastes absolutely delicious.
Some of the other cake recipes shared in my blog, Chocolate Wheat Flour Cake, Rum Raisin Cake, Coconut Ghee Cake, Carrot Peanut Butter Cake and Rava Fruit Cake. If you try any of my recipes, then do share your feedback with us. Please do check our YouTube channel for the recipe videos and subscribe us if you like the recipe.
Wheat Rava Fruit Cake
- 1 cup wheat rava
- ½ cup finely chopped nuts (almond, cashew, raisin, glazed cherries and walnuts)
- 1 and ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp cinnamon powder
- ¼ tsp nutmeg powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup apple purée
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup milkmaid
- ¼ cup milk
- Few tsp of wheat flour to mix with chopped dry fruits
- Please check the instructions below.
How to prepare eggless fruit cake
- Heat a pan with 1 tbsp ghee. Now roast wheat rava till nice aroma comes. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Take a mixing bowl. Add apple purée and whisk using hand whisk or electric beater. Now add brown sugar and beat again.
- Add milkmaid, milk and olive oil. Blend all. Keep it aside. Take roasted rava and mix baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon powder, nutmeg powder and chopped dry fruits. Mix all.
- Add dry mixture to wet batter and fold well everything. Preheat oven at 180 degree C for 10 minutes. Pour cake batter in greased cake pan. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the pan and cover with aluminium foil and bake for 10 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 160 degree C and bake again for 5-10 minutes. Remove pan from the oven. Let it cool for 10 minutes. Take out the cake carefully and cut into slices. Serve warm or cold.