I have replaced vinegar with lemon juice and also skipped poppy seeds for the sake of my kid. Other than that no other changes. I have made watery curry to be served with roti. If you are planning to serve this with rice, then cook a little more to make this curry thick.
Some of the other curry recipes shared in the blog, Kongu Style Aatu Kari Kuzhambu, Mutton Curry Home Style, Mutton Roganjosh, Karuvepillai Aatu Kari Thokku and Hyderabadi Mutton Kheema. If you try any of my recipes, then do share your feedback with us. Please do check our YouTube channel for the recipe videos and subscribe us if you like the recipe.
- For masala paste:
- 2 onions - chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 dry red chili
- 1 tsp pepper powder
- 4 cloves
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- ½ lemon juice
- For Curry :
- 250 gms mutton
- Salt to taste
- 1 onion - chopped
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- Please check the instructions below.
How to prepare Mutton Vindaloo
- Heat a kadai and roast dry chili and cumin seeds. Remove from the kadai and add 1 tsp groundnut oil. Add chopped onions and cloves. Sauté a while and switch off the flame.
- Grind roasted chili, cumin seeds, fried cloves, onions, ginger garlic paste, lemon juice, 2 tsp coriander powder, 1 tsp pepper powder, 1/4 tsp cardamom powder in a mixer to smooth paste adding enough water.
- Heat 3 tbsp groundnut oil in a cooker. Add chopped onions and cook for a while. Now add mutton, turmeric powder, masala paste and salt to taste.
- Mix well everything and add water if needed. Close the lid and cook for 12-13 whistles. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve warm with roti or rice.
Recipe Video :