Pirandai Thogayal, how to prepare healthy thogayal recipe using pirandai / adamant creeper.
Pirandai is also known as Bone setter which helps in curing bone / joint related issues. Pirandai also helps to cure digestion related issues / constipation. The tender shoots are used to prepare thuvaiyal / chutney, rasam and curry. Since these shoots are very itchy, its better to use little bit of tamarind in cooking and also gingelly oil.
There are many variations to prepare thogayal with pirandai. I have already share one recipe. This one is prepared using peanuts. You can also add sesame seeds. Serve this thogayal with rice or idli or dosa. Please do check our YouTube channel for the recipe videos and subscribe us if you like the recipe.
Pirandai Thogayal | Adamant Creeper Thogayal
How to prepare Simple pirandai thogayal
Author: Preeti Tamilarasan
Recipe type: Side
Serves: Serves 3
- 1 bunch pirandai
- ¼ cup chopped coconut bits
- 3-4 garlic flakes
- 1 small marble sized tamarind ball
- 1 dry red chili
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp ultham paruppu / urad dal
- 2 tbsp peanuts
- Please check the instructions below.
How to prepare Pirandai Thogayal
- To Clean Pirandai / Adamant Creeper, apply gingelly oil / nallennai all over your palm. Now cut creeper with scissor. Wash them and remove fiber from the sides of pirandai. Chop pirandai and keep aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp gingelly oil in a pan or kadhai. Temper mustard seeds, broken red chilies, urad dal, peanuts and curry leaves. Stir well.
- Add chopped coconut , tamarind and garlic flakes. Now add pirandai. Cook till pirandai softens and changes its color from dark green to light green. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Blend in mixer along with salt. Blend to smooth paste adding 1 tbsp water. Serve with rice, idli, dosa or even roti.
Recipe Video :