Potato peas masala bun, today we will see how to prepare multigrain bun stuffed with potato peas masala. For stuffing, you can use any dry masala like keema masala, mushroom masala, etc..
Multigrain flour can be replaced by whole wheat flour or refined wheat flour. I have used homemade Multigrain flour which was made from ragi, wheat, bajra, jowar and few other ingredients. This is a healthy and filling snacks and better to be served warm.
Some of the bun recipes shared in my blog, Garam Masala Flavored Potato Milk Bun, Mushroom Masala Multigrain Bun, Orange Tutti Frutti Bun & Dilkush Bun. If you try any of my recipes, do share your feedback with us. Please do check our YouTube channel for the recipe videos and subscribe us if you like the recipe.
Potato Peas Masala Bun
- 2 cup Multigrain flour
- ½ cup lukewarm water
- 2 tsp yeast
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt to taste
- For masala:
- 4-5 medium sized potato- boiled and cut into cubes
- 2 onions - finely chopped
- ½ cup fresh green peas
- ⅓ tbsp ginger garlic paste
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp garam masala
- Please check the instructions below.
How to prepare Masala Stuffed Multigrain Bun
- Take lukewarm water and dissolve sugar in it. Now add yeast and close it. Keep aside for 10 minutes. You would get frothy mixture.
- Sieve Multigrain flour and mix salt. Add frothy mixture and milk to the flour. Mix all and then start kneading to smooth dough adding olive oil. Close the dough with a moist cloth and keep in a warm place for 2 hours.
- The dough will rise. Meanwhile, prepare the masala. Heat oil in a pan and temper mustard seeds and cumin seeds. Add chopped onions and sauté a while.
- Now add ginger garlic paste and stir well. Add green peas, turmeric powder, chili powder, hing, Garam Masala and stir all.
- Now add potato cubes and salt to taste. Cook it covered for 5-8 minutes on low flame. Masala is ready.
- Take the dough and divide into 4 or 5 balls. Now take a ball and flatten it. Dust with flour and press with a rolling pin to make thick roti. Add the masala for stuffing and close all the edges to form a bun. Proceed with the remaining. Keep the bun aside for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven at 180 degree C for 10 minutes. Bake for 35-40 minutes. Remove masala bun from the oven and keep aside. Serve warm.