Ragi Adai, today we will see how to prepare adai using ragi grains and pacha payaru. This is one protein rich adai recipe and also vegan. For the below mentioned quantity, you can make 25 adai. Ragi grains and all other ingredients are soaked overnight in water. The next day grind them using stone grinder. As we are using whole green gram with skin and ragi grains, it’s better to soak them overnight. I have also fermented the batter which is optional.
While grinding the batter, you can add curry leaves and dry red chilies. Please adjust the quantity according to your preference. Serve adai with Avial or getti coconut chutney. Ragi grains keeps you filling for long time and you won’t feel hungry. You can replace ragi with bajra / kambu.
Some of the other dosa varieties shared in my blog, Prawn Masala Dosa, Barley Dosa and Keerai Dosa. If you try any of my recipes, then do share your feedback with us. Please do check our YouTube channel for the recipe videos and subscribe us if you like the recipe.
Ragi Adai Dosa
- 2 cup ragi grains / finger millet
- 1 cup raw rice
- 1 cup parboiled rice
- salt to taste
- 2 cup pacha payaru / whole green gram
- 1 cup ultham paruppu / urad dal
- ½ cup kadalai paruppu / Channa Dal
- ½ cup tuvaram paruppu / toor dal
- 2 stick curry leaves
- 1 tbsp cumin powder
- Please check the instructions below.
How to prepare Pacha Payiru Adai Dosa
- Take ragi and soak in water. Similarly combine raw rice and parboiled rice and soak in enough water. Combine toor dal, Channa Dal, urad dal and Moong dal together and soak overnight in water.
- Wash each separately and keep aside. First grind ragi grains in a stone grinder to smooth batter adding very little water. Then add rice and dry red chilies to smooth batter.
- Now add all the dal along with little water and grind to coarse batter. Transfer the batter to container. Add cumin powder, hing and salt to taste. Mix all and add little water. You can either leave the batter to ferment or use to prepare adai after 2-3 hours.
- Heat a tava and grease with oil. Pour a ladleful of batter and spread nicely. Add oil all over the sides and cook both the sides. Serve adai with Avial or coconut chutney.