Wheat Rava Puttu, today we will see how to prepare wheat rava puttu / samba godhumai rava puttu which is also vegan. Wheat rava is roasted and ground to coarse powder. Rice flour is mixed with the powder. Adding rice flour is totally optional. Other procedures are all same to prepare puttu. Serve this puttu warm with banana or kadala curry. Puttu should be steamed for 15 minutes since wheat rava should get cooked well. You can also try the same recipe with white rava / semolina / sooji.
If you try any of my recipes, do share your feedback with us. Please do check our YouTube channel for the recipe videos and subscribe us if you like the recipe.
Wheat Rava Puttu
- 1 cup wheat rava
- ½ cup rice flour
- ¼ tsp cardamom powder
- Powdered jaggery - according to your need
- Please check the instructions below.
How to prepare Wheat rava puttu
- Dry roast wheat rava in a kadai for few minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to cool. Grind it in a mixer to coarse powder.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl. Add rice flour and cardamom powder. Mix all. Add water little by little and mix everything. The flour should be wet enough to make balls. Close the bowl as the flour may become dry. If it becomes dry, you can sprinkle some water and mix again.
- Fill a cooker with 1/2 water. Close the lid without weight. Now take puttu making vessel and fill with puttu flour. You can also add some grated coconut to it. Keep the vessel over the pressure valve and let it cook for 15 minutes.
- Once done, transfer puttu to a bowl and mix jaggery or sugar and serve with banana. You can also use the cooked to prepare Upma or simply serve with kadala curry.