Lemon Rice, today we will see a very very easy and healthy variety rice recipe prepared in a kalchatti kadai. Based on a reader’s request, I’m posting this simple recipe. A well known and famous variety rice, lemon rice can be packed for lunch box or you can pack it for short travels. It goes very well with bhindi sabzi or potato Varuval.
Kalchatti (maakal) should be always heated in low or medium flame. The tempering should not be done for longer time . Heat the oil and add all the ingredients in order. I have prepared lemon rice using parboiled rice. You can replace with raw rice or millets too.
Please do check our YouTube channel for the recipe videos and subscribe us if you like the recipe. Some of the restaurant style recipes which you can try at home, Dhaba Style Chicken Curry, Egg Fried Rice, Chicken Manchurian, Murgh Malai Kabab & Dhaba Style Dal. If you try any of my recipes, do share your feedback.
Lemon Rice in Kalchatti
- 2-3 cup cooked rice
- 3 lemon - juice mixed with ¼ cup water
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp oil
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp urad dal / ultham paruppu
- 1 tsp Channa Dal/ kadalai Paruppu
- Few curry leaves
- 2 dry red chili
- Please check the instructions below.
How to prepare Lemon Rice
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a Kalchatti kadai or pan. Temper mustard seeds and cumin seeds. Add urad dal, Channa Dal, red chilies and curry leaves.
- Stir well. Add hing and turmeric powder. Sauté a while. Now add lemon juice and salt to taste. Cook till it thickens a bit and add cooked rice. Mix all and switch off the flame. Serve with potato varuval.
Recipe Video :