Millet Banana Cake, today we will see how to prepare kambu banana cake using whole wheat flour, kambu / bajra flour, banana, egg, ghee and ginger. This is a wholesome healthy cake recipe which can be enjoyed even by the kids.
You can adjust the quantity of jaggery or replace with honey or refined sugar. The cake is moist and dense as we have used kambu. The aroma of ghee gives it an Indian touch. The kids would absolutely relish the taste. Kambu flour can be replaced by ragi flour. If you do not wish to add millet flour, then adjust the quantity of whole wheat flour.
Please do check our YouTube channel for the recipe videos and subscribe us if you like the recipe. Some of the healthy cake recipes shared in blog, Vegan Pumpkin Gingerbread, Samai Peanut Butter Brownies (Steamed Version), Eggless Amla, Coconut & Jaggery Cake & Eggless & Butterless Dates Cake. If you try any of my recipes, do share your feedback.
Millet Banana Cake
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup kambu / bajra flour
- 1 and ½ tsp baking powder
- salt - ¼ tsp
- ¼ cup palm jaggery
- ½ cup ghee
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup mashed banana
- Please check the instructions below.
Ghee Bajra Cake
- Sieve whole wheat flour, bajra flour and salt. Add baking powder and mix well. Keep aside.
- Take a mixing bowl and add egg. Whisk using electric beater or hand whisk. Add mashed banana and whisk. Now add jaggery, grated ginger and ghee. Whisk everything.
- Add flour to this wet batter and fold everything well. Preheat oven at 180 degree C for 10 minutes. Pour batter to cake pan and bake for 30-35 mins.
- Remove pan from the oven and let it cool. Now remove cake from the pan and cut into slices. Serve immediately.