Raw Mango Dal, how to prepare tasty and delicious raw mango dal using a clay pot. Serve this dal with roti or rice. Pressure cooked toor dal is cooked together with raw mango. This is very easy recipe which can be tried by even bachelors. You need not cook raw mango for longer time as the pulp will become too soft. Once we add mashed dal, it is enough to cook for 5 minutes.
Some of the other dal recipes shared in my blog, Methi Mooli Moong Dal, Masala Masoor Dal, Dhaba Style Dal, Rajasthani Dal Baati and Amritsari Dal. If you try any of my recipes, then do share your feedback with us. Please do check our YouTube channel for the recipe videos and subscribe us if you like the recipe.
Raw Mango Dal
- 1 cup toor dal / tuvaram paruppu
- 1 tomato
- 3 garlic flakes
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1 stick curry leaves
- 1 dry red chili
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- Please check the instructions below.
How to cook Mango Dal
- Pressure cook toor dal, tomato, garlic with 3 cup water for 3-4 whistles. Mash the dal once cooked and add 1 and 1/2 cup water to it. Mix well and keep aside.
- Heat 1 tsp gingelly oil in a pot or pan. Temper mustard seeds and cumin seeds. Add chili, curry leaves and chopped onion. Sauté a while.
- Add chopped mango, turmeric powder and hing. Stir all and add mashed dal. Add salt to taste and cook for 5-8 minutes. Serve dal with rice or roti.