Kathirikkai Masala Fry, today we will see a very interesting and easy recipe using eggplant / brinjal.
Brinjal is cut into round slices and marinated with sambar powder and other dry powders, shallow fried and served. You can also deep fry or bake them. They can be served as evening snacks or side dish. For crispness, you can add few tbsp of rice flour or aval powder. Please do check our YouTube channel for the recipe videos and subscribe us if you like the recipe.
Masala Kathirikkai Fry
- 1 big eggplant / brinjal
- 2 tsp sambar powder
- ¼ tsp Amla powder - optional
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- Please check the instructions below.
How to prepare Kathirikkai Masala Fry
- Wash brinjal and cut into round slices. They should not be too thin or too thick. Keep aside. Take a mixing bowl.
- Add sambar powder, salt, Amla powder, cumin and coriander powder. Mix everything well and add brinjal slices. Marinate slices with the masala and keep aside.
- Heat a tava or pan for shallow frying. Add oil and fry the marinated slices. Serve hot or cold.