Healthy ragi crackers, let’s see how to prepare baked ragi wheat thattai at home. These are healthy vegan snack options for the kids and elders.
They turn out very crispy and can be served with dip/sauce or salsa or chunda. Ragi can be replaced by bajra or millet flour. Prepare this in advance and store in an airtight container.
You can also deep fry them if you don’t have oven. I have added Amla powder and moringa Powder. Both are homemade. You can skip these two and instead add amchur or mint powder for the flavors. They are savoury crackers.
Please do check our YouTube channel for the recipe videos and subscribe us if you like the recipe.
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup ragi flour
- salt to taste
- Chili powder- as needed
- ¼ tsp Amla powder
- ½ tsp moringa Powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp olive oil or coconut oil
- Please check the instructions below.
How to prepare Ragi Crackers
- Sieve whole wheat and ragi flour. Combine in a mixing bowl. Add Amla powder, moringa Powder, salt, chili powder and cumin powder. Mix all. Add 1 tsp oil and mix well.
- Now add enough water and knead to smooth dough. Preheat oven at 180 degree C for 10 mins. Take a baking sheet and place foil sheet. Grease with little oil.
- Take dough and make small balls. Roll them using a roller pin to make poori. It should not be too thick or thin. Using a cookie cutter or bowl, cut into exact round shape. You can also try square or rectangular shape.
- Place them carefully over baking try. Bake for 10 mins. Turn over the sides of crackers and bake again for 10 mins. Remove from oven and let it cook down before serving.