Radish Walnut Chutney, today we are going to see a very healthy, vegan and easy recipe using radish and walnuts.
Walnut Chutney can be used to serve with idli, dosa or cooked rice. This is a South Indian style preparation. Walnut should be soaked in water for 30 mins minimum. The same water can be used while grinding. There is no need to sauté walnuts, just soaking is fine.
Please do check our YouTube channel for the recipe videos and subscribe us if you like the recipe.
Radish Walnut Chutney
- 1 radish - chopped
- 4-5 small onions
- ¼ dry red chili or more if needed
- Small marble sized tamarind ball
- ¼ tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp urad dal / ultham Paruppu
- 1 tsp Channa Dal / kadalai Paruppu
- 3 garlic flakes
- 4 walnuts
- ¼ cup coconut bits - chopped
- Please check the instructions below.
How to prepare Mullangi Chutney
- Soak walnut in enough water for 30 minutes. Heat a pan and add oil. Temper mustard seeds, urad dal, Channa Dal and curry leaves.
- Add garlic flakes, tamarind, coconut bits, onion and radish. Sauté everything and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Grind with walnut and salt to smooth paste adding enough water. Transfer chutney to a bowl and serve with idli, dosa, Roti or rice.