Sundakkai Kootu, today we will see how to prepare healthy sundakkai Kootu recipe along with video. This Kootu can be served with roti or rice. It is very creamy and full of flavors.
A vegan dish flavored with coconut, not much spicy and you would not believe it’s made of sundakkai. The bitter taste of sundakkai vanished when you crush it and roast in oil. I have shared many recipes using sundakkai which you can refer. Sundakkai is not only meant for Kara Kuzhambu but you can try many dishes. Please do check our YouTube channel for the recipe videos and subscribe us if you like the recipe.
- ½ cup sundakkai - crushed using pestle stone
- ½ cup Moong dal/ siru paruppu
- 1 onion - chopped
- 1 tomato- chopped
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- ¼ cup coconut bits
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 dry red chili
- one tsp ginger garlic paste
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- Few curry leaves
- Please check the instructions below.
Recipe Video :
How to prepare Sundakkai Kootu
- Pressure cook 1/2 cup Moong dal with enough water and cook for 3-4 whistles. Keep it aside. Meanwhile prepare coconut paste by grinding coconut bits, red chili, ginger garlic paste and cumin seeds.
- Heat oil in a pan. Temper mustard seeds and fry sundakkai for few minutes. Remove from the heat and keep aside.
- Add curry leaves and chopped onions. Sauté a while. Add tomatoes and stir well. Now add sundakkai, turmeric powder and hing. Stir all.
- Now add Moong dal, coconut paste and salt to taste . Add enough water and cook covered for 10-15 minutes. Serve this curry with rice or roti.